Java access to Postgres?

I need a quick HOWTO on how to connect a Java app to a Postgres DB.
Currently, I have an ODBC driver for Postgres for Windows XP that
provides access for clients such as MsAccess. When I use the
sun.jdbcodbc driver to connect to this DSN, I'm able to connect, but no
tables are listed in the datasource browser (a JBuilder DataModule
applet).

Must I recompile Postgres with JDBC support (I don't recall if I turned
that on when I compiled or not) or obtain a JDBC to Postgres driver for
Windows?

Lonnie.