Re: Check Boxes

Julio,

The way I see it checkboxes are just boolean graphical representations. Either a "yes" or "no" value if the box is checked or not, respectively. Hence, it would make sense for the field to be of type "bool". As far as storing goes, PHP sees a checked box of having a value of "on" and an unchecked box of having a value of false (or empty). So what I typically do is have a function called is_checked() that passes the form field.

function is_checked($form_field){
   global $HTTP_POST_VARS;
   if($HTTP_POST_VARS[$form_field[ == "on")
       return 1;
   else
       return 0;
}

In my SQL statement I pass the returned value directly

$strSQL = "INSERT INTO blah (is_foo) VALUES (" . is_checked('is_foo') . ")"

Hope this helps. :D

-Roj Niyogi
Founder
pgHoster
PostgreSQL web hosting

http://www.pghoster.com

Julio Cuz, Jr. wrote:

Hi--

Does anyone have any suggestions, SAMPLES, or ideas on how to STORE, RETRIEVE, AND PROCESS values for "Check Boxes" w/PHP & Postgresql?

Thanks!

Julio Cuz, Jr.
Riverside Community College
jcuz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx