PHP die but PG doesnt have roolbacked the transaction

Hi,

for the subject you are seeing what is my problem, but i will give some
more info.

PHP version: 4.1.2
OS: Linux, Suse 7
PG version: 7.1.2

A PHP script has die with an error( a typo ) saying something like this:

missing parameter 1 for funcion my_function ...

As far as i know, when a connection to a database is lost( i use pg_connect
) and the database server is executing in NOT auto commit mode( using
transactions ), the transaction is roolbacked enterely. Isnt this right?

Question: Why does the transaction doesnt got roobacked?

Is this a bug in PHP?
Is this a bug in PG?

Regards
Miguel Carvalho