Re: set_time_limit -VS- database queries

Hi,

I do a lot of database queries with php...
to import a lot of field in the database...

In the first time, i put the set_time_limit(0)
But the execution of the script such as system calls using system(),
the sleep() function, database queries, etc. is not included when
determining the maximum time that the script has been running.

So, of course, Ii can't put my script on background...

What do you mean put it in the background ?

but I want known how many field has been inserted (hai)...

It depends on how you're inserting (or updating) them.

If you're using some sort of loop to do it, you can add another variable in to automatically increment when you do an update or insert.

     Chris Smith
http://www.squiz.net/