Re: DBBalancer (was: apache-php-postgresql connection

On Sat, 2002-02-02 at 05:55, Frank Joerdens wrote:
> Yet again, on another note: Has anyone tried DBBalancer from
>
> http://dbbalancer.sourceforge.net/
>
> - which is yet another approach to the problem of connection pooling?
> I've been meaning to play with it for some time, but haven't gotten
> 'round to it.
>
> I keep thinking about ways around PHP persistent connections because
> IMHO it's a pretty awkward solution.

I use it on several production databases, and I have packaged it for
Debian.  I intend to upload the package into the Debian distribution
this month.

In my environment it gives around the same performance improvement as
persistent connections (5-10 times query performance for small queries)
but without the problems of runaway connection levels.