Re: pg_pconnect - ??

Ok, so from what I see on here, pg_pconnect doesn't have any advantages over pg_connect in my situation. I have the web server running on the same machine as the database server and yes, I have allocated 16384 shared buffers (at 8 KB each, this is 128 MB of shared memory). I have not noticed any connect overhead when opening a web page which connects to the database (99% of them do), the connection is instantaneously, so I guess, I don't need to do anything here. I was under the impression, that a persistent connection would open one and only one process which then will be used all the time without creating more child processes which keep lingering about. I guess, I was wrong here ...

Best regards,
Chris
--
Chris Ruprecht
Network grunt and bit pusher extraordinaíre