Re: inequality predicate not pushed down in JOIN?

While applying transitivity to non-equality conditions is less frequently beneficial than applying it to equality conditions, it can be very helpful, especially with third party apps and dynamically changing data.  One possible implementation to avoid the mentioned overhead would be to mark the internally generated predicate(s) as potentially redundant and discard it on the inner table of the join after planning (and enhance the optimizer to recognize redundant predicates and adjust accordingly when costing).

Jerry