Re: Distinct performance dropped by multiple times in v16

On 6/10/24 13:59, Vitaliy Litovskiy wrote:
2.2 unnest is removed. it is not really needed for this particular data but this query is autogenerated and unnest makes sense for other data

2.3 "order by token" is uncommented, this is my current way of fixing the problem I would really appreciate some feedback if that is expected behaviour and if there are better solutions
After second thought I found that the key issue here is too cheap cycles other unnest() routine. unnest procost is 1 as any other routines but it looks a bit more costly than it is. Also, you can tune cpu_operator_cost a bit. Right now it is set to 0.0025 by default. Increasing it to 0.005:
SET cpu_operator_cost = 0.005;
resolves your issue.
I guess, the value of cpu_operator_cost usually not a problem, because table pages costs much more. But here function calls are the main source of load and because of that need to be estimated more precisely.
I hope this will be helpful for you.

--
regards,
Andrei Lepikhov