Re: Separate 100 M spatial data in 100 tables VS one big table

Salut Kimaidou,
why not a partitioned table with the department a partitioning Key ?
each year just detach the obsolete data, department by department (ie.detach the partition, almost instantaneous) and drop or keep the obsolete data.
No delete, quite easy to maintain. For each global index, Postgres will create one index per each partition. and detach them when you detach a department partition.
so when importing, first create an appropriate table, load the data, and attach it to the main partitioned table. Postgres will automatically recreate all necessary indexes.

Marc MILLAS
Senior Architect
+33607850334