Re: FW: huge SubtransSLRU and SubtransBuffer wait_event

 From this link, looks like "onfigurable buffer pool and partitioning the SLRU lock" is one the plan,  maybe from v18,19 version,  https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/202402221843.ibzvpndbacbi@alvherre.pgsql

    James

From: James Pang (chaolpan)
Sent: Tuesday, February 6, 2024 2:59 PM
To: Nikolay Samokhvalov <samokhvalov@xxxxxxxxx>; Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@xxxxxxxxxxx>; pgsql-performance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: huge SubtransSLRU and SubtransBuffer wait_event

   We finally identified the cause, a pl/pgsql procedure  proc1 (for 1…5000 loop  call proc2()); proc2 (begin ..exception..end); at the same time, more than 200 sessions coming in milliseconds and do same query during the “call proc1 long running transaction”.  The code change and cutdown the parallel sessions count doing same query at the same time help a lot.

   Thanks all.

James