Re: Parallel hints in PostgreSQL with consistent perfromance

On Tue, Jan 2, 2024 at 8:12 AM mohini mane <mohini.android@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have executed the SELECT query with 2,4 & 6 parallel degree however every time only 4 workers launched & there was a slight increase in Execution time as well,

Adding an ignored comment to your SQL would not be expected to do anything.  So it is not surprising that it does not do anything about the number of workers launched.  It is just a comment.  A note to the human who is reading the code.
 >> As I am using ph_hint_plan extension so as expected hints should not get ignored by the optimizer .

Sounds like a bug you should go tell the pg_hint_plan authors about then.

David J.