Re: Index bloat and REINDEX/VACUUM optimization for partial index

Thanks Maxim, that's something we are considering now - keep the in progress tasks in one table and periodically move the old and completed tasks to an archive table.
We could use a view that unions them for most queries.

I'm not sure if that's the best alternative though, and we want to know if there are any gotchas to worry about.