Re: Merge David and Goliath tables efficiently

But you wrote that in both cases the query is:

    MERGE INTO "goliath" ca
    USING (SELECT * FROM "david" ORDER BY "list_id") AS t
    ON t."list_id" = ca."list_id"
    WHEN MATCHED THEN
    UPDATE SET ...
    WHEN NOT MATCHED THEN
    INSERT (...)
    VALUES (...)

With all due respect, I'm getting a bit tired of having to speculate
about what exactly you're doing etc. based on bits of information.

I'm willing to continue to investigate, but only if you prepare a
reproducer, i.e. a SQL script that demonstrates the issue - I don't
think preparing that should be difficult, something like the SQL script
I shared earlier today should do the trick.

I suggest you do that directly, not through JDBC. Perhaps the JDBC
connection pool does something funny (like connection pooling and
resetting settings).

regards

--
Tomas Vondra