Understand time taken by individual SQL statements in a procedure

Hi Listers,

We would like to determine how long it takes for each SQL statement to execute within a long-running procedure. I tried to see if pg_stat_statements could offer any insight into the matter. But I was unable to locate any. Is this even possible? How can we also determine the precise SQL execution plan used when a SQL is run from an application? The query runs without issue when we try to execute it directly, but it takes longer to run when an application is used.

Regards,

Satalabha