PostgreSQL performance on ARM i.MX6

Hi there,

I am investigating possible throughput with PostgreSQL 14.4 on an ARM i.MX6 Quad CPU (NXP sabre board).

Testing with a simple python script (running on the same CPU), I get ~1000 request/s.

import psycopg as pg

conn = pg.connect('dbname=test')

conn.autocommit = True

cur = conn.cursor()

while True:

    cur.execute("call dummy_call(%s,%s,%s, ARRAY[%s, %s, %s]::real[]);", (1,2,3, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0), binary=True )

where the called procedure is basically a no-op:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE dummy_call(

    in arg1 int,

    in arg2 int,

    in arg3 int,

    in arg4 double precision[])

AS $$

BEGIN

END

$$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

This seems to be a quite low number of requests/s, given that there are no changes to the database.

Looking for suggestions what could cause this poor performance and where to start investigations.

Thanks,

Marc