Re: Planner choosing nested loop in place of Hashjoin

Hi Praneel,

It is hard to propose a solution without seeing the actual query and knowing details of the tables. If I were you, I would try to increase statistics target for the columns used in joins. Default value is 100. You need to analyze those tables again after updating the statistics targets.

ALTER TABLE table ALTER COLUMN column SET STATISTICS 300;

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/runtime-config-query.html#GUC-DEFAULT-STATISTICS-TARGET

Best regards.
Samed YILDIRIM