Re: INSERT statement going in IPC Wait_event

On 2023-03-01 We 15:40, aditya desai wrote:
Hi All,
Unfortunately I am unable to share a query  plan or query.

I have a SQL which is getting called from a web service. At a certain point where it inserts data in the table . Process is going in a hung state. pg_stat_activity shows wait_even='IPC' , wait_even_type=MessageQueueSend. In Webservice log we see I/O error occurred message.

Surprisingly when I run it from PSQL or pgadmin it runs fine.

Doesn't this suggest that the problem is probably not with Postgres but with your web service (about which you have given us no information whatsoever)?

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan