Re: ogr2ogr slow sql when checking system tables for column info and so on.

From: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2022 12:41 PM
To: Lars Aksel Opsahl <Lars.Opsahl@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: pgsql-performance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <pgsql-performance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ogr2ogr slow sql when checking system tables for column info and so on.

>From: Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@xxxxxxxxx>Sent: Friday, October 21, 2022 12:41 PMTo: Lars Aksel Opsahl <Lars.Opsahl@xxxxxxxx>Cc: pgsql-performance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <pgsql-performance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Subject: Re: ogr2ogr slow sql when checking system tables for column info and so on.
>

>What do you mean by sometimes?  If you only have non frequent or specialized
>jobs the creates a lot of temp tables, you just need to modify them to issue
>some VACUUM (not VACUUM FULL) at the end, or regularly if you creates millions
>of tables in a single job.

Hi again.

In this case the only thing that solved this performance issue was VACUUM FULL so to be sure we have run VACUUM FULL and not only VACUUM ANALYZE

It's a lot of different  people using this server and many do not have rights to run vacuum on system tables and we do not want many people to run vacuum full at the same time either.

So we have to set up this as a schedueld  or triggered job as you suggest.

Thanks again.

Lars