RE: Postgresql JDBC process consumes more memory than psql client

We make 2 comparisions between partitioned(256 HASH) and no-partitioned(same data volume,same table attributes) , do same  "UPDATE,DELETE " .
 1. with partitioned tables , the "RES" from top command memory increased quickly to 160MB and keep stable there.
      From auto_explain trace, we did saw  partition pruning to specific partition when execution the prepared sql statement by Postgresql JDBC .
2. with no-partitioned tables, the "RES" from top command memory only keep 24MB stable there.
       Same auto_explain , and only table and index scan there by prepared sql statement by Postgresql JDBC.
3. with psql client , run the UPDATE/DELETE sql locally,  partition pruning works and the "RES" memory" is much less, it's about 9MB .

Yesterday, when workload test, a lot of Postgresql JDBC connections use 150-160MB memory , so we got ERROR: out of memory
  Detail: Failed on request of size 240 in memory context "MessageContext".  And other non-postgresql process like top command even failed into no-memory error.

So, looks like something with Postgresql JDBC driver lead to the high memory consumption when table is partitioned , even when table is no partitioned , compared with psql client, it consumes more memory.   Any suggestions to tune that ?  PG V13 , OS RHEL8 , Virtua machine on VMWARE. We make shared_buffers=36% physical memory ,  effective_cache_size=70%physical memory , total physical memory is about 128GB.

Thanks,

James