Re: partition pruning only works for select but update

Justin Pryzby <pryzby@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On Fri, Jul 01, 2022 at 08:30:40AM +0000, James Pang (chaolpan) wrote:
>> We have other application depend on V13, possible to backport code changes to V13 as https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=patch;h=86dc90056dfdbd9d1b891718d2e5614e3e432f35

> In any case, I'm sure the feature won't be backpatched to v13 - it's an
> improvement but not a bugfix.

Even more to the point, it was an extremely major change and would take
a huge amount of QA effort to ensure that dropping it into v13 wouldn't
cause fresh problems.  The PG community has exactly no interest in making
such effort.

Besides which, what do you imagine "depends on v13" actually means?
If you have an app that works on v13 but not v14, maybe it's because
it depends on the old behavior in some way.

Spend your effort on updating your app, instead.

			regards, tom lane