Re: DB connection issue suggestions

Hi Justin,

Yes , I have checked pg_stat_activity from both the master node and the standby node server and the total rows of the connection doesn't even exceed 10.

Sorry the OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 7.5 (Maipo).

Does the streaming replication between the master and standby node have any impact to this ?

image.png

Regards,
Guna

On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 3:09 AM Justin Pryzby <pryzby@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 09:52:10AM +0800, Sudhir Guna wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> Thank you for reviewing.
>
> I have tried to run the below query and could see only less than 5
> connections active when I get this error. The total rows I see is only 10
> including idle and active sessions for this output.

That doesn't sound right.  Are you sure you're connecting to the correct
instance ?  Are there really only 5 postgres processes on the server, and fewer
than 5 connections to its network port or socket ?

You didn't provide any other info like what OS this is.

--
Justin