Re: Useless memoize path generated for unique join on primary keys

On Wed, 4 May 2022 at 00:21, Benjamin Coutu <ben.coutu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks David, using extended statistics for both (and only for both) tables solved this problem.

Oh, whoops. I did get that backwards.  The estimate used by the
Memoize costing code is from the outer side of the join, which is the
extdataempty in this case. I don't think the
extdataregular_field_index_stats will do anything. It'll be the ones
you added on extdataempty that are making it work.

> BTW, thank you for all your work on performance in recent releases.

Thanks for the feedback :)

David