Re: HIGH IO and Less CPU utilization

On 3/29/22 14:04, Rambabu g wrote:
Hi All,

We have an issue with high load and IO Wait's but less cpu on postgres Database, The emp Table size is around 500GB, and the connections are very less.

Please suggest to us do we need to change and config parameters at system level or Postgres configuration.

The "emp" table is 500 GB? You're doing something wrong, The "emp" table should have 14 rows and the "dept" table should have 4 rows The "bonus" and "salgrade" tables should also be very small. The guy named Bruce Scott could probably help you with that schema. Other than that, do you have a SQL causing all this ruckus and a detailed explain plan ("explain (analyze,costs,buffers)") for the SQL using most of the time? You can analyze the log file with PgBadger to get the queries consuming the most time.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant