Re: Optimal configuration for server

Em seg., 7 de mar. de 2022 às 08:54, Luiz Felipph <luizfelipph@xxxxxxxxx> escreveu:
Hi everybody!

I have a big application running on premise. One of my main database servers has the following configuration:

72 CPUs(2 chips, 18 physical cores per chip, 2 threads) Xeon Gold 6240
1TB of ram or 786GB (5 servers at all)
A huge storage( I don't know for sure what kind is, but is very powerful)

A consulting company recommended the following configuration for theses main servers(let me know if something important was left behind):

maxx_connections = 2000
shared_buffers = 32GB
temp_buffers = 1024
max_prepared_transactions = 3000
work_men = 32MB
effective_io_concurrency = 200
max_worker_processes = 24
checkpoint_timeout = 15min
max_wal_size = 64GB
min_wall_size = 2GB
effective_cache_size = 96GB
(...)

I Think this is too low memory setting for de size of server... The number of connections, I'm still measuring to reduce this value( I think it's too high for the needs of application, but untill hit a value too high to justfy any memory issue, I think is not a problem)

My current problem:

under heavyload, i'm getting "connection closed" on the application level(java-jdbc, jboss ds)
Server logs?
What OS (version)
What Postgres version.
Keep-alive may not be configured at the client side?

regards,
Ranier Vilela