Re: XA transactions much slower on 14.2 than on 13.5

Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> My boss asked me to upgrade one of the development  databases from 13.5
> --> 14.2. One thing that we've noticed right away is that XA
> transactions (2-phase commit) are much slower on 14.2 than on 13.5. Were
> there any significant changes to the XA protocol in the version 14? Did
> anybody else encountered this problem?

There were a bunch of changes around the 2PC code to support logical
replication of 2PC transactions, but I don't think they should have
made for any particular performance difference in non-replicated
servers.  Can you put together a self-contained test case that
demonstrates what you're seeing?

			regards, tom lane