Re: Any way to speed up INSERT INTO

> Correct rows are wider. One of the columns is text and one is bytea.

with the PG14 the LZ4 compression is worth checking.

via https://www.postgresql.fastware.com/blog/what-is-the-new-lz4-toast-compression-in-postgresql-14
"""
INSERT statements with 16 clients
Another common scenario that I tested was accessing the database from multiple clients - 16 in this case.
What I found out, as can be seen below, is that compression performance of single large files (HTML, English text, source code, executable binary, pictures) using LZ4 was 60% to 70% faster compared to PGLZ, and that there was also a small improvement while inserting multiple small files (PostgreSQL document).
"""

kind regards,
  Imre