Re: Postgres views cannot use both union and join/where

I thought a union mashed together two queries. The where clause can appear in both. But the execution plan will almost certainly run the first query and the second query. It should throw an error if the types don't match or the number of columns don't match.

There are so few use cases for unions that can't get fixed with better schema designs. I ran into a few over the years.