Re: Query out of memory

Hi Justin,
Out of memory on pgadmin and psql. I executed it with explain analyze. Still going out of memory.

 Also currently 250 user connections are not being made. There are hardly 10 connections to database. When I run thi query it is going out of memory.

Also this query is part of a view that gets referred in a procedure.Transaction table is partitioned table but due to business requirements partition key is not part of where clause.

Regards,
Aditya.

On Tuesday, October 19, 2021, Justin Pryzby <pryzby@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 11:28:46AM +0530, aditya desai wrote:
> I am running the below query. Table has 21 million records. I get an Out Of
> Memory error after a while.(from both pgadmin and psql). Can someone review

Is the out of memory error on the client side ?
Then you've simply returned more rows than the client can support.

In that case, you can run it with "explain analyze" to prove that the server
side can run the query.  That returns no data rows to the client, but shows the
number of rows which would normally be returned.

--
Justin