Re: Lock contention high

On 10/12/21 03:35, Ashkil Dighin wrote:
1.Is there a way to tune the lock contention ?

Lock contention is usually an application issue. Application processes are stepping on each other's toes. I have never seen a situation where the database would be slow with managing locks. Postgres uses an in-memory queue manager which is, generally speaking, very fast. Applications usually do stupid things. I've seen GUI doing "SELECT FOR UPDATE". And then the operator decided to have lunch. I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant