Re: sql execution time in pg_stat_statements

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 1:12 AM Michel SALAIS <msalais@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I thaught that total_time (total_exec_time + total_plan_time) included I/O but when we have blk_read_time + blk_write_time  equals several times total_time it is difficult to continue to think that...

Maybe not that difficult.  If the queries use parallelism, the query
total execution time may be say 1 second, but if there were X workers
it could actually cumulate X+1 seconds of execution time, and
therefore reach more than 1 second of cumulated read/write time.