Re: pg_restore schema dump to schema with different name

Wouldn’t be easy if we have option to_schema ?

Absolutely, I should not alter current schema, as it live 24/7.

Thanks,
Rj
On Monday, August 23, 2021, 06:39:03 AM PDT, Jean-Christophe Boggio <postgresql@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The only way to do that is to create a new database, import the data
> there, rename the schema and dump again.
>
> Then import that dump into the target database.

Or maybe (if you can afford to have source_schema unavailable for some
time) :

* rename source_schema to tmp_source
* import (that will re-create  source_schema)
* rename source_schema to destination_schema
* rename back tmp_source to source_schema