Re: PostgreSQL equivalent of UTL_HTTP

Hi

st 11. 8. 2021 v 20:57 odesílatel aditya desai <admad123@xxxxxxxxx> napsal:
Hi,
We are migrating Oracle to PostgreSQL. We need the equivalent of UTL_HTTP.
How to invoke Web service from PostgreSQL.

Also please let me know the PostgreSQL equivalents of below Oracle utilities..

utl.logger,UTL_FILE,UTL_SMTP

you can use extensions https://github.com/pramsey/pgsql-http or https://github.com/RekGRpth/pg_curl

You can use an routines in untrusted PLPerl or untrusted PLPython, but these routines can be really unsafe (due possibility to break signal handling).

Personally, I think using http access in stored procedures is a very bad idea - access from transactional to non-transactional (and possibly pretty slow) environments creates a lot of ugly problems. Stored procedures are great technology with a pretty bad reputation, and one reason why is usage of this technology for bad cases.

I think this mailing list is wrong for this kind of question. There is no relation to performance.

Regards

Pavel

Regards,
Aditya.