Re: Logical Replication speed-up initial data

On Thu, Aug 5, 2021 at 12:57 AM Nikhil Shetty <nikhil.dba04@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion.

We tried by dropping indexes and it worked faster compared to what we saw earlier. We wanted to know if anybody has done any other changes that helps speed-up initial data load without dropping indexes.

It would be kind of cool if the database could just "know" that it was an initial load and automatically suppress FK checks and index updates until the load is done.  Once complete it would go back and concurrently rebuild the indexes and validate the FK's.   Then you wouldn't have to manually drop all of your indexes and add them back and hope you got them all, and got them right.