Re: temporary file log lines

On 7/13/21 9:29 AM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
Hi,

Le lun. 12 juil. 2021 à 14:13, MichaelDBA <MichaelDBA@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:MichaelDBA@xxxxxxxxxxx>> a écrit :

    hmmm, I think spilling over to disk for temporary tables is handled by
    an entirely different branch in the PG source code.  In fact, some
    other
    folks have chimed in and said log_temp_files doesn't relate to temp
    files at all use by temporary tables, just queries as you mentioned
    below elsewhere.  This seems to be a dark area of PG that is not
    convered well.

As far as I know, log_temp_files only relates to sort/hash going to disks, not to temporary objects (tables and indexes).

Right. log_temp_files does not cover temporary tables.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company