Re: transaction blocking on COMMIT

It is hard to say as it only happens for 30s couple of times per day.
Everything does return to normal after the blocking transaction is
committed.  It could be a disk thing or even a network issue (the java
app is on a different machine to the db).  But I never saw
transactions blocked in commit before so was wondering if there is any
rational set of reasons why it might do that.