hint in determining effective_io_concurrency

Hi all,
I'm unable to find (apparently) a way to find out a possible value to
start with for effective_io_concurrency.
I suspect that benchmarking, e.g., using bonnie++ or sysbench and
testing with different values of concurrency could help to determine
the max number of concurrent request, (tps, lower latency, ecc.).
Is thjs correct or is there another suggested way?

Thanks,
Luca