Re: LWLocks by LockManager slowing large DB

Hello

On 2021-Apr-13, Andres Freund wrote:

> > The concerns that had come to my mind were more along the lines
> > of things like pg_dump requiring a larger footprint in the shared
> > lock table.  We could alleviate that by increasing the default
> > value of max_locks_per_transaction, perhaps.
>
> Probably worth doing one of these releases independently - especially
> with partitioning the current value strikes me as being on the too low
> side.

Maybe it would make sense to scale the default up with shared_buffers,
which nowadays we seem to use as a proxy for server size? (While also
being about total memory consumption)

--
Álvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile
"How amazing is that? I call it a night and come back to find that a bug has