Re: How to deal with analyze gathering irrelevant stats

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 9:52 AM Rémi Chatenay <remi.chatenay@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'd say it's a 1 insert for 5 - 10 updates.

As for the index on the status, it's because we have a job that runs every night that deals with conversations in specific statuses. Having a low cardinality index that changes frequently seems prone to mis-use by the system.  -> What would be an alternative ?

One option would be a partial index on another field used in that query where status in ( list_of_uncommon_statuses_queried_nightly )

Sequential scan may be perfectly fine for a nightly script though.