Re: Postgres not using index on views

> RV>> It simply is the way the application stores the data. For Oracle
> we are storing in XML and JSON format, for postgres, due do
> limitations of XML api, we are storing in VARCHAR.

Why not use JSON in Postgres then?
Postgres' JSON functions are at least as powerful as Oracle's  (if not better in a lot of areas).

Would be interesting to see what XML function/feature from Oracle you can't replicate/migrate to Postgres.

Another option might be to upgrade to Postgres 12 and define those columns as generated columns as part of the table, rather than a view.
Then you only pay the performance penalty of the extracValueJS() function when you update the table, not for every select.

Thomas