Re: pg12 partitions show bad performance vs pg96

Also, it's not required, but I think a typical partitioning schema would have
an index on the column being partitioned.  I see you have an index on
iot_data(metadata,lower(data)), so I still wonder whether you'd have better
results partitioned on metadata, or otherwise maybe adding an index on
"device".  But I don't know what your typical queries are.

I understood now why u suggested an index on the partition column. It depends on how many distinct values of the partition column I'll have in that partition.
Thanks for the suggestion , good idea !