Re: Question regarding fast-hashing in PGSQL

I've had a similar issue in the past.

I used the md5 hash function and stored it in a UUID column for my comparisons. Bigger than a bigint, but still much faster than string comparisons directly for my use case.
UUID works fine for storing md5 hashes and gives you the ability to piggyback on all the index support built for them.

Hope that helps,
-Adam