Re: Use Postgres as a column store by creating one table per column

On 22/05/19 4:28 PM, Lev Kokotov wrote:
Is it efficient to use Postgres as a column store by creating one table per column?

I'm thinking since Postgres stores tables in continuous blocks of 16MB each (I think that's the default page size?) I would get efficient reads and with parallel queries I could benefit from multiple cores.

Take a look at Zedstore, which is a column store built to plug into v12 storage layer:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALfoeiuF-m5jg51mJUPm5GN8u396o5sA2AF5N97vTRAEDYac7w%40mail.gmail.com