Re: PostgreSQL upgrade.

On 10/04/19 8:20 PM, Andreas Kretschmer wrote:

Am 10.04.19 um 07:40 schrieb Daulat Ram:
We have two node postgresql database version 9.6 with streaming replication which is running on docker environment, os Linux (Ubuntu) and we have to migrate on PostgresQL11. I need your suggestions & steps to compete the upgrade  process successfully.

there are exists several ways to do that. You can take a normal dump and replay it in the new version, you can use pg_upgrade, and you can use a logical replication (using slony, londiste or pg_logical from 2ndQuadrant). There is no 'standard way' to do that, all depends on your requirements and knowledge how to work with that tools.

The docker environment makes using pg_upgrade more difficult, as you need to modify (or build a new) container with the old and new Postgres versions installed. I'm interested in seeing how hard that would be (will update this thread if I find anything useful).

regards

Mark