Re: SELECT statement returns in 10seconds, but INSERT/CREATE TABLE AS with same SELECT takes 7 minutes

> It did --- see the Gather node.
But "workers launched: 1"...
To my opinion, such a dramatic difference cannot be explained with avoiding parallelism, the query was just stuck in a very inefficient plan (even though almost all source data is read from cache).

Additionally, I think author can try CREATE STATISTICS on the bunch of columns used in join. Very low rows estimate for this join may come from multiplying selectivities for each column assuming they are independent.

Vlad