Re: Extremely slow DELETE with cascade foreign keys

Em 05-12-2017 14:27, Tom Lane escreveu:
Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas <rr.rosas@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
Hi, I think something changed recently in my development environment as
I don't recall deletes being so slow before.
I've created a new dump and restored to a new database, ran VACUUM FULL
ANALYSE and a simple delete takes forever as you can see here:
The usual suspect for this is not having an index on some FK referencing
column, thus forcing the FK check trigger to seq-scan the entire
referencing table for each referenced row that is to be deleted.

			regards, tom lane

Thanks, indeed that was the case. I manually inspected about a dozen tables referencing field_values and the last one ("references") was referenced by another table ("highlighted_texts") and the reference_id column that has a foreign key on "references"(id) was missing an index.

Good job :)

Best,

Rodrigo.