Re: Performance problems with 9.2.15

...(BTW, I wonder why you are moving only to 9.2 and not something more
recent.)

Well, 9.2.15 is what comes bundled with RHEL 7, so I decided to go with that to avoid dependency issues. But I could install a more fresh version from scratch if that would solve my problem.

Generally my first step is to get the latest stable directly from the PostgreSQL Development Group, i.e.:
yum install https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/9.5/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/pgdg-redhat95-9.5-2.noarch.rpm

Then I know I'm starting with the latest and greatest and will get critical updates without worrying about any distribution packager delays.

Cheers,
Steve