Re: checkpoints, proper config

On 12/10/2015 10:35 AM, Tory M Blue wrote:

Thiis valid regardless of the workload?

Yes.

Seems that I would be storing a
ton of data and writing it once an hour, so would have potential perf
hits on the hour. I guess I'm not too  up to date on the checkpoint
configuration.

No, that isn't how it works.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/wal-configuration.html

My settings on this particular DB

fsync = off

This will cause data corruption in the event of improper shutdown.

#synchronous_commit = on

I would turn that off and turn fsync back on.

JD