Re: Are there tuning parameters that don't take effect immediately?

On 06/12/2015 01:37 PM, Michael Nolan wrote:
Last night I was doing some tuning on a database  The longest query I
was running was taking around 160 seconds.  I didn't see much change in
the running time for that query, even after restarting PG.

Today, with roughly the same system load (possibly even a bit heavier
load), that query is running about 40 seconds.

Sounds like some of the relations are cached versus not.

JD