Re: Reverse Key Index

Sven R. Kunze schrieb am 26.02.2015 um 12:04:
> I just thought about btree indexes here mainly because they well-known and well-used in ORM frameworks.

If your ORM framework needs to know about the internals of an index definition or even requires a certain index type, then you should ditch that ORM framework.

Apart from indexes supporting business constraints (e.g. a unique index) neither the application nor the the ORM framework should care about indexes at all.

> does PostgreSQL support the concept of reverse key indexing as described here?

The real question is: why do you think you need such an index?
Do you have any performance problems with the existing BTree index? If yes, which problem exactly?

Thomas