Re: Performance of Postgresql Foreign Data Wrapper

On 1/14/15 10:48 AM, Cassiano, Marco wrote:
Both query were issued repeatedly to get rid of disk access and database
connection overhead time.

Activating duration and statement logging on the remote server I can see
that the query issued through the fdw from the LOCAL SERVER

is actually performed by opening a cursor :

I don't think the cursor is the issue here, but can you try running those same commands directly on the remote server to make sure?

It looks like it's the fetch itself that's slow, which makes me wonder if there's some network or other problem.